Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Brenna Marie Golden

Water broke at 12:11 am on Thursday, Aug. 12th. We checked into triage by 1:20ish. Mostly all smiles.

 

Passing the time playing duizendje. I won!!! Most of the day was spent hanging around and waiting for contractions. Because my water broke so early, the nurse started me on drugs to help get the contractions going. Unfortunately, it didn’t really work so by 8 pm on Thursday things still hadn’t really progressed. By 9 pm, the doctor came by to offer us 2 options: 1) c-section, 2) more drugs for more contractions. We opted for more drugs and more contractions. Earlier in the evening I had an epidural so I couldn’t feel anything! :) D & A came to my rescue with some powerade.

We managed to get some sleep but were awoken at 1:30. Baby Golden wasn’t doing too well so we would have a C-section. From that point it gets a little fuzzy and you’ll know as much as I do with the pictures.

The C-section went well with one thing. We had already established that this little one did not want to come out. You have no idea! When the OB said ok she’s coming out and I could feel the pressure of what she was doing and all of a sudden I heard “What?!” with this tone of indignation. When the OB tried to pull her out, Brenna twisted and slipped back into the womb. Later, the OB told me that the baby’s doctor eyes almost came out of his head. So the OB pulled out the vacuum and pulled her out!

Brenna Marie Golden born Friday, August 13 at 2:22 am at 3785 gm or 8 lb 5.5 oz and 20 inches.

And there she is!!

Our first family photo!

Her signature pucker!

Monday we got to go home!

 

Going home outfit!

Coming home!

Meeting of the siblings.

Bumblebutt!

Mommy and Daddy actually got some sleep tonight. Breastfeeding is a little bit difficult but we are working on that.

What an incredible ongoing journey!

Stay Tuned. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are all healthy after her resistance to coming into the world! I hope it's not an indication of how hard it will be to get her out of bed for school eventually!! She's absolutely adorable :)

    ReplyDelete