Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 28

We are officially in the 3rd trimester and the baby is supposedly the size of a Chinese cabbage and measuring approximately in at 2.25 pounds and 14.8 inches! Good grief.

I forgot to post these pictures from last week. (Week 27):

Bring it on!

Oh my, we are getting big!

And that was week 27!

I had quite the growing pains this week and the little nugget was pretty quiet Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday which gave me some concern. My mantra was “She’s fine, She’s fine.” And what do you know? Bright and early Saturday morning it was kick, kick in the rib!

Michiel and Mandy came to visit before they hit the real world. As always, I love having my family close by so it was great that the two of them could make it out here. We spoiled them with wonderful weather!


 

On Thursday, Mike graduated from ASU. I cannot put into words how proud I am of his accomplishments and how much he has grown in maturity from the boy I met at Manzanita Hall to the man I married a year ago! And it meant so much to me to have my brother and his girlfriend put up with the waiting and saving the seats for the ceremony. Thanks, guys!

 

I love the bagpipes!

 

Garrett and Matt (Mike’s father) joined us for the ceremony!

Still waiting for the ceremony to start! We were so incredibly early!

 

Finally, Mike’s moment on stage. He won’t admit it but boy was he nervous. (I can tell!)


 
More waiting as the rest of the graduates have their moment on stage!

I’d be these three would agree with me if I said getting through Computer Systems Engineering at Arizona State was a collective effort on all their parts. One couldn’t have done it without the others. :) Congratulations, R & F!

Proud Daddio!

Good-bye, Arizona State University! Thank you for the memories. See the triangle building behind us? That was the beginning. Now we can say “Hasta La Vista, ASU!” (YES!)


Let me point out Mike wasn’t the only proud graduate of Class of 2010. Congratulations to Michiel and Mandy (minus 3 credits but who cares?). It also get these 3 free desert at the Keg Steakhouse!

Friday we had an easy day. We stopped by Mesa Marketplace. It wasn’t too interesting and it was hot. So we went home again and found Michiel and Mandy a tennis court. However, Mandy swears the court weren’t standard size. Guess we’ll have to go and measure it. hehe

Saturday we discovered that none of the public pools in Mesa or Gilbert were open yet. Seriously?? Luckily, my YMCA membership comes with 3 guest passes so we all worked out and then finished it off with a swim in the pool.

Today Michiel and Mandy went home at ungodly hour of 5 am. Mike and I stayed up and made it to 6:30 AM Mass. You’d think the church would be empty but I guess everyone else wants an early start on their day as well. Good grief. Loco people.

No comments:

Post a Comment