Sunday, November 15, 2009

Run from the Sun

I survived my last week of quarter 1 of PT school. Next week is Finals week. We start off with a bang!

Monday: Anatomy exam & comprehensive practical (tested with an actor patient)
Tuesday: Educational Theory Final
Wednesday: Therapeutic Exercise Final & Patient Care Skills Final
Thursday: Introduction to Pharmacology Quiz & Kinesiology Final
Friday: Golfland!!!!!

And then (drum roll please), I will get to experience a full week off in the fall. Which is basically spring break here because it won’t get any cooler than 68ish during the day!

I’ve been really good at sticking to the 1/2 marathon plan laid out by Hal Higdon for the last 4 weeks. Saturday I ran a 5K in preparation for my race in January. On Saturday morning, we woke up to a light rain. It continued during the race, just lightly so it was perfect.

 

A rainbow!

The race was to raise awareness about Melanoma, a deadly skin cancer.

Where is Robin??

Above: very soon after the start. Still feeling good!

Above: Getting a little red in the face now. About 0.75 miles in.

Above: Just after 2.5 mile mark.

 

I’m pretty proud of this time! Luckily Mike got up early and took all the pictures. :) The rest of the day was spent studying for finals.

Sunday was a nice easy day as well. In the morning, I finished the workbook (finally!) that we’ve been working through for the entire quarter to practice proper documentation. Most of my friends have been done for weeks. I just take my sweet time. The cat helped me study.

 

1/2 storage + 1/2 study = STUDY ROOM

I wasn’t the only one studying! Mike and his crew were busy at the kitchen table.

And Sara makes an appearance.

Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment