Saturday, November 21, 2009

By the skin of my teeth

It’s official. I survived my week of finals and Mike survived the accumulating piles of laundry, the dirty dishes, and mini freak out sessions. I, for the most part, passed all the exams. It was nowhere near the glory of my undergraduate but my goal for graduate school is to stay in school. However, I refuse to put stress on myself to go after all A’s because, thankfully, it’s unnecessary. Above all, I value my relationship with my husband (and our sanity) more than the career this education will give me. So I will get plenty of zzzz’s and settle for a B average.

I did have a moment of panic as I did not pass my first practical in which a faculty member acts as a patient and I’m evaluated on my performance. I forgot a very crucial precaution (something that the patient is not allowed to do per physicians orders). As my parents and Mike pointed, better do it in a pretend scenario than in a real situation where I could possibly lose my license and my job. But neither the less the morning of I looked very professional, if I do say so myself:

Oh well. At least I thought so. The cat might have another opinion.

I had to do the shirt length test. Inappropriate dress is cause for immediate fail. Ouch.

Breakfast of champions: granola bar and water!

After I survived that ordeal of a practical most of the week was on cruise control. I studied, showed up to take the test, sweated over the test, and left the campus to repeat the following day.

Thursday the DPT 2012 class celebrated our survival of quarter 1 at Oreganos. Delicious! One of my classmates and her husband have provided the class with a mascot as he was born just days before we started the quarter. :) Plus the fact that he is absolutely adorable.

ceri3

ceri2

Our mascot’s mother in the purple shows off her delicious desert while Shannon mans the camera.

pizooke

Pizza + cookie = Pizookie! The best ever desert. Cold and warm all at the same time! Good way to finish off the finals week!

I have to stop here and say that I love love love love miniature golf. Everyday on my way home from school I pass Golfland. So I decided on Monday that I was going to Golfland and if no one wanted to come with that was fine. Luckily I did not have to go at it alone. Mike and Shannon joined me!

100_1404

100_1409

100_1410

  100_1412

Mike had a little trouble with a swinging door. But don’t worry! He made up for it at the later holes. Final score: Mike –> 51, Shannon –> 54, Robin –> 64

Never having been at Golfland before we chose the Lost Dutchman route. Shannon & I wore our school shirts to represent!

100_1429

Mike’s amazing hole in one!

100_1426

Shannon got a hole in one!

100_1430

100_1423

The Gingerbread House all decorated for Christmas. Check out the palm trees and the winter grass. Can you believe it’s November?

100_1433 

Hills and I just don’t get a long. It took me almost 3 shots to just get up to that hill. 

After some pizza with Shannon, Mike and I headed to my friend Sarah’s soccer game. It was their playoff game and played a good game considered they were short players and were only play 3 guys. The other time had 5 subs and played only 4 girls.

This morning was spent cleaning up. Mike cleaned up the back yard and raked the front. I decluttered our living room. We had a pretty cool collection of wine bottles going but that collects a lot of dust! In Arizona, it’s a losing battle against the dust.

The whole shelving unit went to Goodwill and the DVDs into storage. We put up a fake christmas tree and soon we’ll have it decorated so we’ll show it off.

So we got some pictures. Less dust. Same memories! That bottle above we shared with our friends, K & J.

This was the most interesting I think. I don’t know if you call it a wine. But it’s actually made out of moldy grapes and its the sweetest thing you will ever taste. It’s produced by vineyard in California and is not available for purchase. Something called a Chenin Blanc I believe.

  

All that cleaning makes for hungry Robin and Mike. Lunch was soup and grilled cheese sandwiches! Yum!

Stay tuned. :)

1 comment: