Monday, November 9, 2009

Mijn Moeder’s Dochter

Lucky for me Dad was working in California this week. After just seeing him in Fairfield, I got to see him again this weekend in Arizona. I don’t realize how much I miss my family until I see them. I’m very much thankful for the flexibility that my parents jobs have provided them that they can come visit on a very regular basis.

Saturday was a busy day. It was Founder’s Day/Family Day at my university. Upon arrival, it became very clear to Mike and I are that we were in the minority! That is the minority of being married without children. It seemed like there were little children everywhere!

School is about a 15 minute commute in both directions every day. So here’s part of my route.

   

My school!

Our new gym, the Valley of the Sun YMCA. It’s literally next door to my school.

 

Oh! I was so happy to get my grubby hands on some cotton candy!

 

My buddy, Shannon, is also from Iowa. So automatically we connected. And of course it helps that she has great sense of humor.

That night we went to Mike’s parents house for some BBQ. It’s always a good time when these two get together. Add beer to the mix and everyone is very happy. Mike also made these burgers called Juicy Lucys. It’s made up of two patties with cheese in the center. When you take a bite, the cheese oozes out!

   

That burger was huge! Not only did Mike have to help me finish, Matt helped me out too!

Sunday, Dad helped us set up a study room for me. We cleaned up the guest room and hauled some stuff to Goodwill and set up a new desk! Now my goal is to keep that desk as empty as possible.

Mike also deep cleaned the litter box. We love our kitty but she can be so messy!

 

Computer!

Our version of the Murphy bed. It’s not hidden but flipping it does the trick!

 

Ik ben echt mijn moeder’s dochter. Papa komt op bezoek. En eerst moet hij werken met all mijn proyecten!

All of this construction was done while I was at work!  The cat doesn’t quite know what to make of all this moving.

 

Mike has also been very busy with our computers. He designated one of them to be our back-up PC. Therefore we have an extra copy of all our pictures. I was also able to access so very old pictures…Ok not so old but from a while ago that I had forgotten about. Like this one, from our Sept. 2006 trip to San Diego:

Clearing memory stick 004

Shamu!

 

What a weekend! I’m so very happy with my desk and I’ve actually been very productive. Just in time for finals….which are next week!

Stay tuned. :)

1 comment: