Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School

Today was my first actual day of class and what a long day it was! I still have to pinch myself that I am in graduate school. Finally, 11 to 12 years of my hard work and my family’s, I’m where I’m supposed to be. Too bad it took so long!

Today my two classes were Therapeutic Exercise (TE) and Patient Care Management Model (PCMM). Our TE professor dove right in. It was a little nerve wracking to hear him drop terminology that I’m not totally familiar with. Even more intimidating was how much foundation most of my classmates already had. Many of them could quickly answer questions while I’m still processing the questions! I still feel that my last year at ASU was almost a waste. We will see how much I have actually retained.

PCMM Laboratory went a little better. Our instructor is blunt and energetic. It makes for a very interesting class. Furthermore, in her class we will learn proper documentation which is a hefty part of my future career. She is also pursuing a geriatric specialist certification just like my mother.

In terms of exercising it’s almost non existent. :) I’m working on it and do still plan to sign up for a triathlon for the beginning of October. I just need to get on my bike. And also into a better workout routine.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment