Saturday, September 5, 2009

Flagstaff!

What a day to drive! Mike and I had an easy morning. We got up and walked the dog, hopefully to wear her out so she would sleep all day while we were gone. We stopped for breakfast at US Egg in Scottsdale. They have the best protein pancakes. While we were eating, it started down pouring. In the rain, we drove up 101 N to the I-17 entrance and we got stuck in traffic. What a weekend to close a lane!

IMG_0860

Luckily once we got off the entrance ramp traffic picked up. But still it was not a day to travel because everyone else is leaving Phoenix! It was bumper to bumper traffic all the way to Flagstaff!

IMG_0863

IMG_0867

IMG_0869

IMG_0870

In Flagstaff we met up with my friend Christina who is all moved in and of course I forgot to get a picture with her. Next time! What’s cool about Flagstaff is that there are bunch of restaurants and boutiques that are unique and interesting!

We also went to Flagstaff this weekend to see the Labor Day Art in the Park. There was really one artist that really interested us. Rob Gilmore. I will have to remember that name. He had some really cool photographs. So when I’m rich and famous I can buy them to hang on our wall. But not until then!

We saw this dog too. He was at a stall that was selling cowhide and sheepskin throws. At first I thought it was just another sheepskin but then it moved! :)

IMG_0871

Of course we forgot to take pictures of ourselves!

IMG_0872

Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment