Monday, August 24, 2009

Gado Gado

Gado Gado is Indonesian salad and probably one of my favorite dishes. It is also the first one I tried to make from the top of my head. We almost got it right. We just need to find someone who sells these really delicious shrimp chip type things. And I need to master the peanut sauce. It’s supposed to be like the salad dressing. But ours looked more like a brownie….

IMG_0751

IMG_0752

And who knew it would take so many dishes!

 IMG_0750

I thought it would be easy. Just throw some peanut butter, ketchup, and soy sauce together and Viola! Uh, no. That is not the case as we discovered!

IMG_0749

Some of the ingredients to build your own Gado Gado (I don’t even know what it means).

gado gado table set

This was all ready to go and Mike realized I never started the rice cooker! Oops! But finally we sat down to eat. Mike felt our bowls from our dish sets were not large enough so he used one of our baking pans. Super sized Gado Gado. So American! Here he is preparing his food….

IMG_0753 And then you mix it all up!IMG_0755IMG_0756IMG_0757IMG_0760

Almost like home! Absolutely delicious. Now to just tackle those dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment