Friday, August 21, 2009

Cooking!

Mike and I make a good team in the kitchen and since our wedding cooking with all of our new pots and appliances makes cooking a lot of fun. Not to mention some awesome cookbooks. Everyone should add this one to their collection: From Cooking Light, “Fresh Food Fast” ISBN: 0848732642

Anyway, I was raised pretty much a vegetarian on an Ayurvedic diet. This consisted of a lot of fresh food and lots of spices. One of my favorite dish is Indian in origin (I think). We call it cauliflower curry and Mike happens to love it too. (And I think he’s partial to it because he gets to fry tofu in our deep fryer!)Cooking at the stove

IMG_0677

IMG_0679

IMG_0683

IMG_0685

Eat up on a tortilla or combine with rice or cous cous. I love this stuff. And it reheats really well. So deliciously healthy as well.

On another note, today was a cross today. My work out goal was 40 min. I’m kicking myself in the butt right now because I have to sit and write here that yet again I did not do a work out.

Tomorrow is Saturday which means long run: 5 miles tomorrow.

School is getting closer and closer! Mike starts class on Monday. My mom arrives on Thursday for the weekend and Mike’s birthday! I can’t wait. But before than it’ll be clean clean and clean some more.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment