Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cancun!

For spring break, we (Mike, Elly, Brenna, and I) got so spoiled by my parents. They took us all (parents, us, AND Michiel and Mandy) to Cancun for a family vacation! We have all been to Cancun before (besides Elly and Mandy) but this was a totally different experience with a 7 month old baby!

Saturday:

Our good friend drove all the way from Scottsdale and picked us up in Mesa and then dropped us off at Sky Harbor. What a nice guy! I had been so nervous about flying with Brenna that I was pretty anxious by the time we go to the airport. I should have had a little more faith.

IMG_3568_thumb2

She slept while we were waiting for our flight, I nursed her on take-off, and she was a happy camper the whole time. Smiling and giggling at all the people around. She received a stamp of “flight approved” by our fellow passengers. Phew!

We landed in Cancun and as soon as they opened the doors you could feel the humidity. We tramped through the hallways and down the escalators to immigration. When I saw the mass of people, my heart sank. The line would take at least an hour! Then this guard comes up to us, speaking rapidly in Spanish and I’m trying to get in line and he’s saying no no no go there go there. I’m thinking, ok he wants to even us out and I walk to the next line and he motions from our original spot keep going keep going. So we walk past a do not enter sign straight to a counter! Traveling with an infant has its perks!

IMG_3572_thumb

Our bags were already on the belt and we went straight through customs with little wait time.

SDC12325_thumb1

With pre-arranged transportation, we were at the hotel in no time! We didn’t take the car seat so we improvised! Check-in was delayed because I thought I had left my passport at customs but it was really just hiding in Mike’s backpack….

SDC12375_thumb

Sunday:

Mom and Dad spent a lot of time with membership people in the morning sorting out the business part of staying at the resort. So we had a lazy day. Well sort of lazy. Brenna consistently awoke at 5:30 or 6:00 am. Luckily, Mom and Elly are early risers. So Mommy and Daddy went back to sleep and the kiddies went out to play:

SDC12342_thumbSDC12344_thumbSDC12346_thumbSDC12352_thumb

While Nana and Poppy were busy we had some tea!

SDC12368_thumb1SDC12370_thumb

The days all seem to run together but I do believe it rained in the afternoon… We first tried the pool near our room but it was cooler. Another guest told us that the swimming pool at the next lobby would be warmer. So we hopped on the resort bus and then it started raining…

SDC12390_thumbSDC12393_thumbSDC12407_thumb

So Mom, Michiel, Mandy, and Mike played volleyball in the rain!

Monday:

Brenna hung out with Nana and Elly in the AM. There was more lazying around all day. And then the ladies, besides Brenna, got manicures and pedicures.

SDC12422_thumb

Tuesday:

Brenna spent more time in the water with Daddy. She was a little a trooper. There was a lot to get used to with the wind, the sun, the sand, and more adults and more noise!

SDC12529_thumbSDC12532_thumb

Everyone but Brenna and I went off to the spa for massages.

For dinner, we headed to the oriental themed restaurant. Brenna was a happy camper..for awhile.

SDC12552_thumbSDC12555_thumb

Wednesday:

SDC12568_thumb1

Elly, Michiel, Mandy, and Dad went off to Chichen-Itza for the day.

SDC12586_thumbSDC12587_thumb2SDC12608_thumbSDC12656_thumbSDC12670_thumb

We, Mom, Brenna, Mike, and I, hung out at the pool all day. We originally had an appointment with the photographer but Brenna the stinker fussed all morning and then fell dead asleep right before the appointment. So we rescheduled for the afternoon and, boy, was that a good idea!

004_4_thumb1009_9_thumb1011_11_thumb023_23_thumb026_26_thumb034_34_thumb041_41_thumb043_43_thumb054_54_thumb060_60_thumb070_70_thumb

Brenna loves Cancun!

Thursday:

Mom and Elly and Brenna were off to the beach in the early morning.

SDC12710_thumbSDC12711_thumb

Elly, Dad, Michiel, and Mandy went off to swim with the dolphins. They took a limo!

SDC12745_thumbSDC12749_thumb

We (Mom, Mike, Brenna, and I) went off to the Grand Moon side of the resort so it was a little more quiet. There were several more babies at the pool so the mommies all chatted. Brenna tolerated a lot more pool too. Unfortunately the winds picked up and clouds got dark so we packed up. Just in time too because the rain came down in sheets and it continued to rain for the rest of the day.

Brenna hit a milestone. She pooped in the tub. Quite entertaining.

Friday:

SDC12812_thumb2

This time we all headed back to Grand Moon for a day by the pool. Mike and I never brought our camera and I think Elly slept most of the day in the cabana. So all the pictures are on Mom’s camera. 

SDC12814_thumb

SDC12824_thumb1

Saturday:

We all had afternoon flights out of Cancun so we spent an easy morning just hanging out.

SDC12848_thumbSDC12851_thumbSDC12853_thumbSDC12855_thumbSDC12863_thumbSDC12864_thumbSDC12867_thumb
SDC12866_thumb

Our flight home was delayed by one hour but Mom and Dad got us into the VIP lounge at the airport so we got to hang out in a quiet room away from all the craziness. Brenna did really well on the flight home! woo hoo.

And so that was our trip to Cancun. Big thanks to Mom and Dad!

Stay Tuned! Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment