Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Where did July go??

I’m having trouble believing its almost the end of the month. Show time, as in the Nugget’s due date is coming up fast. We’ve had 3 appointments in the last 3 weeks and each time there has not been significant change. At the last one, my membrane is 50% thinned out so at least that is something but there is barely 1 cm of dilation.

This weekend Mike got to tighten the faucet. It was an easy task but getting to the faucet from underneath was a whole other story!

My first year ended for me on July 15th. The rest of my classmates are at clinicals. I spent the first week at home doing pretty much nothing. Ultimate sedentary lifestyle. I honestly can’t tell you if I did anything productive. However, Monday I woke up and decided enough being bored. I cleaned up the house a little bit. Which justified a long nap.

Tuesday we had our 38 week appointment; the results described above.

Today, I finally cleared off my desk and pulled out the sewing machine. And got busy. I realized we never actually received or bought crib sheets. Oops. So I figured I better get on that….

 

The laptop needs to be accessible. Multi-tasking at its best. Plus I didn’t want to print off some instructions.

 

I would like to keep the shelf in front of the window empty but right now that isn’t happening.

Fitted crib sheet #2 done. I used the rest of the elastic for a cat toy…so crib sheet #3 will have to wait.

Also, I took a stab at diaper cloth burp cloths:

1 cloth diaper
some tinkerbell fabric
and purple ribbons

Quite a few pins….

 

Got me these. The ribbons were a little bit of a problem and I had to patiently sew very slowly.

I love my husband. As many of you know his standard outfit is sports shorts and a white t-shirt. Almost all our newborn onesies are white. I’m not quite sure how that happened. So i took charge!

Nothing like some ruffles!

Ta-Da! I think its a little comical that I put ruffles on my baby’s onesies since I once threw a fit when my parents came home with a swim suit with ruffles on it. My grandmother painstakingly removed them. haha.

Well the cloth diapers came in a pack of 12 so theres 10 more to do something with. I”ll leave that more tomorrow!

Stay Tuned. :)

1 comment: