Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So I forgot to Post for Awhile

I realized I haven’t posted in almost 15 days. That has to be a record for me. When that rash was at its worse, I was not interested in any pictures. After two rounds of steroids and 4 doses a day of anti-histamines, and 3 bottles of calamine and 1 bottle of Sarna,  I’m doing better. So much that now I’m on one dose of anti-histamine every other day! Woo hoo. PUPPPs are under control. Not cured, mind you. There is still the residual itch and the chance for a rebound but so far so good.

Week 36: Our little Nugget is still sitting pretty high and I have the heartburn to prove it!

100_1477

World Cup: My beloved Dutch were beaten out by the dirty Spaniards and a crappy Ref. I almost cried. Mike and I went to a bar and watched the entire thing surrounded by Dutch tourists and Dutch-Americans! It was crazy. We all stood during the Dutch anthem and during commercial they sang all sorts of Dutch songs. Standing room only in the bar filled with ORANJE!

100_1486 100_1488 100_1489 100_1497

My last week of school I survived my finals and have successfully completed my 1st year of PT school!  My instructors and I decided I would delay my clinical rotation so my classmates are all out slaving away for the next 4 weeks while I twiddle my thumb.

Week 37: My mom came for a quick visit.

The baby weight has stopped piling on. I even lost 2 pounds. But I probably gained it all back after you see what we had for dessert tonight! In the What to Expect When You’re Expecting Book it says that it may take 9 months to 2 years to lose the baby weight. NO WAY AM I HOLDING ON TO ALL THIS WEIGHT!!!!

Mike showing Mom what he does at work. Below, Mike learned how to make boiled eggs for his mother in law! Cold water is a commodity in AZ so Mike improvised with some ice cubes!

A local restaurant serves this desert as a fundraiser for a young child with a medical bills following a heart transplant. The things we do for charity. It was delicious! I’m enjoying all the fattening stuff while I can. All of this goes out the window when baby comes out and we start breastfeeding. And I start training for my triathlon!

pennycake pennycake1

And that’s it for now. I’m currently at home twiddling my thumbs and trying to figure out something to keep my busy. Gravity helps the baby descend so I might as well listen to my mother and go to the gym!

Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment