Not to depress you with the title but I’m so frustrated with my rash. I’ve come to terms with the fact that I will not be doing my clinical rotation and will stay home starting July 16 until our nugget makes an appearance.
My biggest hope right now is that I do not have to go on another round of steroids. I’m aware of the fact that many women, especially those who suffer severe asthma, are on steroids their whole pregnancy but when I think of taking another round of steroids it just doesn’t “feel right”. If the rash does get unbearable however in the next few days, I’ll go back to the steroids so I can make it through summer finals. But it’d have to get as bad as it was a few days ago.
The other thing I’m hoping to avoid is induction. Yes, we are all impatient for our little Nugget to be here but I would prefer that she comes with as little complications as possible: no forceps, no vacuum, and definitely no C-section. All of these are a risk with induction. We will see who wins: my stubbornness or the rash.
In the meantime, the state of house is what I’ll politely call a disarray. Mike has been amazing but between all the calamine lotion, two oatmeal baths a night, keeping his preggo wife from scratching off the top layer of her skin, catering to the kitty, doing a workout, making sure we are fed, and add being on call I think he’s a little worn out as well. I will be so thankful when I can actually clean my house. haha. I bet my mom never thought I’d say that…
I remain optimistic and try not to feel left out while my peers go on clinical and finally put to use everything we have been learning this year. To stay distracted, I’ve collected some project ideas like maybe make some new sheets for the crib, finish scrapbooking in the pregnancy scrapbook and maybe even make some more headway in our wedding scrapbook, read up on exercising post pregnancy, read up on triathlon training, and if I’m crazy enough start preparing for fall quarter. Of course I can always fine tune that anal-retentive birth plan.
To end on a happy note: look who was hiding under my chair. At first I thought I was going crazy and feeling things on my legs but the cat was actually swiping at me!
Stay Tuned. :)
Hang in there Robin :) I'm praying for you! Can you take homeopathic medicine for itchiness? It would be worth looking into!
ReplyDelete