Wow! What a weekend! I arrived on time Friday afternoon. However, Dad did not. He was supposed to arrive in the Valley of the Sun (and it is shining!) on Friday night. But it was not meant to be. Finally, Sunday at 1 a.m. he arrived.
Saturday, Mike and I did some whirlwind packing and I was reminded of just how much pregnancy takes everything out you! As frustrating as it was, I stopped and let Mike do all the bending and lifting. Mike sent me to bed at 9:30 pm. Thankfully!
8 a.m. Sunday morning the muscles (aka Mike’s Dad, Dean, Uncle Dan, brother Dan, sister Alyssa, friend Jeremy, AND friend Sarah) all came to help us move over. The men had that 26 ft. truck loaded and off in about 2 hours. Unpacking took them even less time. By noon, we were back in Tempe at Native New Yorker for some greasy calories and beer (not for me of course!) Yum!
My friend Michelle joined us for lunch and then she and I went back to the old house to tackle the kitchen. We managed to get most of the stuff.
5 p.m. on Sunday found Mike, Dad, and I sound asleep on whatever available surface.
We woke up long enough for some more food and get some basic groceries and then went back to bed!
Mike and I have so much stuff! Especially in the kitchen. Dad and Mike returned this morning to finish up at the old house. I returned to school! Moving is so easy.
My next goal is to load up the pictures and figure out how to put video on the blog.
Stay Tuned! :)
Wow that was quite a productive weekend! It sounds like you got the better end of the deal (for the weekend anyway) Good work! Posting video is pretty easy, the button is right next to the photo upload button.
ReplyDelete