On Saturday we celebrated my 25th birthday. Everyone always remarks on how fast time flies these days but I really feel like I just celebrated my 21st! (I’m starting to agree with people that it’s all downhill from there…just kidding!)
I for one certainly can’t believe all the things that have happened in my first quarter century of life! When Mike and I said our “I do’s” we most certainly weren’t expecting all this. Well, scratch that we were expecting student loan repayment, Mike working full-time, another rental house, enjoying married life… Although it was not in the plans (as you all know) to have children NOW, Brenna is the apple of her daddy’s eye and the center of her mother’s universe.
That said, I spent a very nice day at home. In the morning, Mike went and got Starbucks for Elly and I. And then, they each surprised me with birthday gifts. I’ve been salivating over these Harvey bags for a couple of months now and Mike got me a wallet. Its made out of seatbelts! I bet I will be carrying it around for a very long time. And Elly got me this adorable Vera Bradley bag. I have always carried very small handbags and this is just a size up. Perfect for a mommy handbag but won’t weigh me down.
In the afternoon, we had several friends come over. We should have called it the “Katie” party since four Katies came over… Brenna tolerated it for a little bit but she’s not used to so many voices. I guess we’ll have to get her acclimated soon because daycare starts in April!!
She did get to play with her friend Cam! We got some cute pictures of them. Brenna is just starting to realize that other things exist outside her sphere.
We didn’t get any pictures of the birthday party. Oops. This week I’ll be studying for 3 exams. We’ll have to stop using our phones and start using our real video camera!
Stay Tuned
No comments:
Post a Comment