Thursday, February 25, 2010

Joys of Pregnancy

I have to say this has been one of the most exciting school quarters of my life. 7 classes (finals next week!), 5 labs, and a surprise pregnancy. Sheesh. Life is good. When I count my blessings, I can't ask for more.

We had our 16 week appointment this week and finally met our O.B. Very cool lady. She's cleared me for a lot of things that most pregnancy books say "DON'T DO!" in capital letters. My life was starting to feel very restricted. Obviously there are some real big obvious no-nos: road cycling, volleyball (an aggressive Thursday afternoon PT game!), alcohol, and sushi. However, my OB cleared me for laying on my back, even my stomach if it were comfortable (but it's not!). Exercising was cleared in earlier appoints. So NO EXCUSES! I think there were a few more myths she dispelled but as I'm finding my memory just isn't what it used to be. Too bad I have finals next week!


The heartburn has started in full force. The OB explained that sphincters in the stomach, the little rings at the top and the bottom of the stomach, that hold the food in are loosening so the acid is coming back up. Oh the joys of pregnancy! Just what you wanted to know!

My states of pure euphoria of being pregnant, being completely terrified of being pregnant, and being extremely angry (I'll be frank) that I got knocked up... are subsiding. Each appointment and each milestone we make, I fall more and more in love with this baby. We have the heartbeat recorded on our phones and I take every opportunity to show it off. Such a strong, fast beat!

I can't wait till the middle March when we can actually use a pronoun instead of referring to the baby as "it". It helps also that Mike is so obviously excited about the baby. His love for me and his obvious love for this little alien is contagious. Furthermore, I have the support of both families and everyone is so crazy excited.

We met our new neighbors when we went to the new house to sign the lease. They have 2 young girls and a little boy. After meeting them, Mike and I wouldn't mind an adorable little girl ourselves! Plus my friend makes these absolutely adorable little girl onesies! I find myself taking study breaks to moon over strollers and expensive cribs. Even thinking of nursery themes at random moments! (Like when I should be studying for that Monday final! haha)

Stay tuned! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the baby!! I know you are nervous, but I have all the confidence in the world that you will be an amazing Mama!!!! I didn't realize you and Ceri were in school together, I went to HS with her, she is great and apparently so are her sewing skills! P.S. I was reading an older blog where you mentioned that a B average was ok for you now because it means things are better with you and Mike, I am SOOO proud of you for that!! I miss you lots! Keep in touch. I'm glad I can finally blog stalk you!

    ReplyDelete