Started today with a comprehensive exam over the last 2 years of school. (exam on Saturday! What?!?!) Entertaining to say the least since I can’t (or won’t…) seem to find the time to study between my clinical rotation, paperwork, and family. (And maybe Pinterest.) Priorities, I know. The next date is in two weeks so now I’m motivated to pick up those old notes and rekindle our relationship.
In other news, Brenna is doing what Brenna does best and that’s ruling the roost. Did I tell you that she is eating with utensils, yet? Well she is. Sometimes she is really particular and won’t start eating until she has two utensils. One for each hand. She trades off pushing food on the fork or the spoon. She’s kind of inconsistent with the stabbing just yet. She’s eating more table food and we’ve added some variety to her staple mac n cheese, French fries, and carrots. Like green pepper and mushrooms. We’ve stopped buying any baby specific food. She’s eating yogurt now that we can buy in bulk at CostCo (woohoo!).
Anyway, Oma Elly is here for just another week. We are all going to miss her when she leaves. Brenna especially. Most of the time she prefers Elly over Mommy or Daddy!
Remember our Christmas ornament frame. Well it became a Valentine’s ornament frame. And then the Dave Ramsey bug (financial health advisor) kind of caught us. So no more decorating with expensive holiday specific ornaments. We used pictures from my big collection, used cardstock that I already had, put that mod podge to work, and viola! Mike used fishing lure and duck tape on the back to hang the pictures. Still finalizing but you get the idea.
Here’s the last couple of days:
Today was gorgeous weather. Mike needed to get some work done, so Elly, B, and I headed to the park. We cheered on some runners and Brenna tried to catch my shadow. Then threw a fit when we tried to leave. It was epic.
Oma Elly treated us to dinner! Great cooking, Elly!!
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment