Sunday, June 27, 2010

Joys of Pregnancy Take II

We are now in our 34th week. If I were to deliver this week, our baby has a 95% chance of making a full and normal recovery. Crazy! And she is growing:

100_1468

Here we are at 34 weeks. Last week at 33 weeks, I could honestly tell you that I actually didn’t mind being pregnant and that I could be looking forward to our next pregnancy. Hah. Well let me tell you by Thursday I was no longer a happy camper. By Saturday, I was calling the on-call OB and today I just wallowed in my misery.  I have developed a case of the PUPPP or Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy. A mouthful I know! This condition is not harmful to me or the baby. Maybe just harmful to my sanity. It starts as itchy stretch marks. Which I can deal with but now it has spread to my forearms and my legs. Unfortunately, the only thing that will fix this is giving birth.

Anyway, it’s back to the school books for me. I need a pair of those infant mittens so I stop scratching everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment