Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby Shower!

What an amazing weekend! I got the surprise of my life Saturday morning. Mike and I woke up pretty early for a weekend and worked on cleaning up the house for our baby shower. We moved furniture, swept, mopped, and vacuumed! Mike really wanted to go all the way to Tempe for breakfast and as he rarely has requests, I gave in. Minor detail: the restaurant doesn’t open until 9 am. We were up at 5 am! So by the time we finally left I was hungry!

Mike missed the exit for the restaurant but he has done this before so I didn’t think about it. And then he made what I thought was silly pass and missed the next exit!! I just kind of looked at him funny. The next exit was closed due to construction and I was starting to get annoyed. I WAS HUNGRY!!! When we missed the last reasonable exit, I smacked him on the shoulder and said “What is wrong with you?” And then I said something a long the lines of “You are forgiven since you’ve never messed up like this before.” Charming I know. So we took the airport exit because there’s another road on the airport property that can turn you around real quick but Mike said, “It’ll be faster through the airport.” I thought, “This man isn’t that retarded.” And I watched another exit separate me from my breakfast!!! Grrr. When we pulled up to terminal parking I started to realize that something was up. But he still wouldn’t tell me!!! With some cryptic phone calls back and forth, he said Ok lets go and we walked toward the baggage claim and GUESS WHO WAS HIDING BEHIND A SIGN????

That’s right! My mama!!! At an American baby shower, a girl needs all her female relatives and most importantly her mother! Probably one of the best days of my life. :) I was so happy to see her that I cried (we’ll blame the pregnancy!).

Finally, I got me some breakfast!

The whole reason we had to leave the house was because 1) to pick up my surprise and 2) my three girlfriends set up for the baby shower. Which was totally awesome! You have to play smell the diaper and my friend, Shannon, was pretty darn creative! Some of it even looked real! 

DSCN1013

DSCN1015

And we played Chug or Binge. The chuggers had to chug water from low-flow baby bottles and the bingers had to eat a cup of yogurt really fast! Phew!

Look at that big belly! And one of the gifts, a shout out to my roots!

That adorable little outfit came all the way from the Netherlands from Granny en Opa v. Kolck!

DSCN1048 - Copy

All these great ladies joined us for the shower! And my good friend, Michelle, her sister, and her mother. I missed these ladies!

DSCN1053

  What a wonderful day!

Sunday found us up at the crack of dawn again! And boy did we get busy!

DSCN1056

 

Well, Mom was busy. I just directed. We now have a sitting room!

Everything in the nursery has to do with the nursery. No storage, no boxes, no nothing extra! Wahoo!

Mom’s visit was very short but it all worked out that she was here just in time for the party!

I’ll have to say it again: What a great weekend!!!

Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment