Saturday, September 7, 2013

August re-cap

August went a little something like this:

Friday, Aug 9: Mike had a night out with his co-workers planned at Talking Stick Resort so B and I tagged a long. Kind of. We crashed in the hotel room while they had fun at the casino on site. Didn’t have to worry about drinking and driving. Their pool is also 24/7.

On Saturday, since B is up early not matter how late she goes to bed we got to spend some time in the pool before we headed to Mike’s parents house for the family gender reveal.

Tuesday, Aug 13: Brenna managed to be sick on her birthday again. I don’t know if she had the luck, er, misfortune to pick up a bug somewhere or that the “back to school” plague finally hit her. Either way, the brunt of the icky sickness happened on Monday. Thankfully, her daddy and I each now have the luxury of PTO, especially me so I was able to give the boss man a heads up and B and I stayed home for her birthday.

Friday, Aug 16: My mom came into town to celebrate B’s birthday and to just hang out. B is growing so fast, both physically and mentally. Her language is coming in leaps and bounds and every day we hear more and more words. We spent the weekend hanging out at the pool and just plain hanging out. On Monday, B went to school, Mike and I went to work and Mom stayed home to document.

Sunday, Aug 25: I worked my last Sunday shift as I have moved to a new Monday through Friday schedule. I think it will take some getting used to in both the professional and personal side of things.

Wednesday, Aug 28: Mike’s birthday! He scored himself a nifty little thing to hold all the nespresso capsules.

In the last weekend of August, I ended up with Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday off. Sheesh. I promise I work! We did another staycation at an cute little boutique hotel, El Dorado Hotel in Scottsdale. It’s a converted apartment complex. Each suite has 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen! Holy Moly. There was room for everyone. Saturday, we met Garrett for brunch at the Herb Box. It was delicious. The city of Scottsdale has done a lot of beautifying over the last few years so we after brunch we walked around the canal and watched the men at work on construction of a fairly large building (no idea what it is). The boys were secretly hoping that something would crash…. In the afternoon we hung out at the pool and then met up with Mike’s younger brother and his family at Daily Dose. Amazing food. I couldn’t choose. B slept through almost the whole thing. Sunday we were up early. Surprise Surprise. So we went to the mall at like 8:30. Nothing opened until 11. 11!!!!! What on a holiday weekend. Come on! But there was one store open. Looks like we will have ourselves a new couch. One that doesn’t have to be professionally cleaned. One that can handle a toddler who sometimes has accidents or spills water or anything.

And I will have to find the camera for pictures of that weekend.

So that was August. Because Sunday was Sept 1.

Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment